The body appears to be largely self-motivated and independent, yet it actually responds only to the intentions of the mind. If the mind wants to use it for attack in any form, it becomes prey to sickness, age and decay.
-A course in miracles
“All dis-ease can be reversed by simply reversing mental patterns.” This is a quote from Louise Hays book, Heal your body, which I used to cure (alongside many other holistic therapies) my liver condition. I also use it to help counsel other people to find the stored emotion behind their ongoing health issues. It works! I have people who can provide testimony to this!
Heritage: In all cases, be mindful of your heritage in terms of what works for you. For example a mixture of Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Qi gong and Chinese medicine works really well for me because I’m half Chinese, half European…though 100% Kiwi! !
Origin Also be mindful of the country you live in or that you grew up in. For example I grew up in small town New Zealand with clean air, water and access to mountains and nature. It was quiet, not busy. So naturally it makes sense that I’m drawn to live in a small community where everybody knows your name. Your body will take time to adapt to new foods and environments..or..it might not adapt at all..in which case you should consider moving to the place you feel at home.
As always, use your intuition on what you need. If you need help ‘seeing yourself’, then simply ask a friend or family member! We see each other better than we see ourselves! But make sure to ask someone whose opinion you respect, They don’t need to be knowledgeable on the subject. But they should know you well. If that fails..ring in the experts and pay for good advice!
Here are my top 20 tips for Ultimate Mind, Body & Soul health:
1. Earth. Ground yourself. Commune with nature. Everyday…for as long as you can. Hiking up a mountain is my favourite. However I get tremendous healing energy from connecting with trees. Simply sit or stand with your back and head against a tree. If you can, place your hands on the roots of the tree or the trunk also. Breathe in its goodness (oxygen). Breathe out your toxins (carbon dioxide). I feel this in my body wherever it needs it most. Supplement: Earthing sheet
2. Fire. Follow the sun. Get 15 minutes of sunshine on your forearms daily. To reset your circadian rhythm, eyeball the sunrise and sunset.
Supplement: Vitamin D3
Treatment: Ultra Violet light
3. Wind. Breathe. Breathe from your diaphragm. Breathe in fully expanding your diaphragm outwards. Keep sucking in oxygen until you can’t. Then breathe out. Breathe out fully, blowing out until theres no air left in your lungs. Most people don’t breathe out long enough. Download an app that can help you if this is challenging. I find Kundalini yoga is amazing.
Supplement: Oxy powder
Treatment: Ozone treatment.
4. Rain. Water. Hydrate yourself. The rule is..”Drink until your pee is pale”. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 T of Apple Cider Vinegar to 600ml of water. If you drink loads of water and pee a lot but your thirst isn’t quenched, drink alkalized water OR add a pinch of himalayan salts to your water OR take a mouthful of seawater!
Supplement: hydrating salts (no sugar, from pharmacy)
Treatment: Colonic Irrigation. Swimming in fresh or salt water.
5. Movement. Whatever floats your boat. For me, I operate best on: Light cardio to get my heartrate up first thing in the morning. Hiking, Yoga, Qi gong. Anything that gets me focussed on the task at hand..circulation!
Treatment: Bodywork. Remedial or Sports massage. Ortho-bionomy alignment.
6. Eliminate effectively. Poo! You should be doing No.2’s at least daily. It should be a mid brown colour, shaped like a long smooth, continuous sausage. The best way to poo is to squat like the Chinese do. If you don’t feel safe sitting on your toilet seat, use a stool to raise your feet up. This puts all your bits in the right alignment for perfect elimination without stressing your body.
Supplement: Digestive enzymes with every meal or Apple Cider Vinegar before/after meals. Coffee enema. Or any kind of enema that you body asks for. As examples I’ve done garlic, chlorella, green juice.
Treatment: Colonic Irrigation. Lymphatic drainage massage.
7. Mind: Be mindful of your thoughts. Affirm.
8. Soul: Have fun. Lighten up.
9. Soul: Be creative. Dance, Sing, draw, write. Listen to Soulful music – that’s the music that makes your heart sing! However be mindful of the lyrics and any subliminal messaging that your mind might be taking too literally.
10. Soul: Follow your intuition. Follow the breadcrumbs. Be on your path.
11. Build your Community, your tribe….a great support network of positive light filled people. Visit regularly for open, frank yet inspiring discussion….and FUN & LAUGHTER!!
Mind: Journelling, blogging. Eliminate all narcissists and people that no longer serve you from your life. Limit time with low/bad energy people.
12. Soul: Keep the faith. Continue to have hope. Trust the process. Know that you’re exactly where you’re meant to be.
13. Take ACTION! Don’t give up until the end. Be strong. Be resilient.
Body: JUST DO IT!
14. Love yourself. Put yourself first. Express gratitude to your body for getting you this far.
Mind: Be mindful of Self talk
Body: Affirmations. Express gratitude. Think/speak positively.
15. Soul: Love everyone unconditionally. Resist blame. Resist unkindness.
Mind/Body/Soul: Sound healing. Vipassana. Sensory Deprivation eg. Sitting in the forrest at night, listening only to the sounds of nature (without your iphone!!)
17. Energy healing.
Soul/Body: Reiki. Babies and animals. They’re pure and open with powerful energy.
18. Expertise. Surround yourself with the best experts. People who are on your page…that you trust impicitly.
Mind: ‘How to heal your body’ by Louise L Hay. This book is my bible. It aligns your physically manifested dis-ease with the emotion that created it.
19. Soul: Know that you are Devine, created by a powerful Universal force, connected consciously with everything around you. You are a perfect creation of God.
20. Throw the rule books out. You are unique. Your family is unique. Your situation is unique. You require a unique solution